CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
December 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man was recovering Wednesday after he was hit in the shoulder in a shooting along the CTA Red Line.
The shooting happened at approximately 2 a.m. Wednesday on either a train or on the platform at the Argyle stop.
Afterward, police say the man, 20, was able to get get off at the Lawrence stop and ask for help. He was taken to a hospital and was expected to be OK.
According to authorities, the shooting was gang related, and the CTA says no other passengers were hurt.
The transit agency would not say whether the train involved was older or one of the newer ones equipped with security cameras.
Police also were investigating at the Argyle stop and also were looking for evidence inside a CTA car that was moved to the South Side Red Line rail yard at 98th Street.
Authorities said they were searching for the suspect.
chicago news, jason knowles
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 15 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty 52 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted 2 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend 5 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 25 min ago
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
52 min ago
- NLEI's Construct Program
58 min ago