CPS headquarters could move to Sears location on Dearborn, report says
December 18, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Public Schools is reportedly considering moving its headquarters to another Loop location, and the move could be finalized Wednesday.
Current CPS headquarters are at 125 South Clark Street. The Chicago Tribune reports the district would move a few blocks away to the site of the current Sears flagship shop on Dearborn.
The school board meets Wednesday and was expected to consider the lease in closed session.
The move could save the district $60 million over 15 years.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits