Yesdil del Garcia Hurtado charged after 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
December 19, 2013 (NORTH CHICAGO, Ill.) (WLS) -- Yesdil del Garcia Hurtado is charged with animal cruelty and companion animal hoarding after 30 dogs were removed from her North Chicago apartment, police said.
They were suffering from dehydration and malnutrition. The dogs will be available for adoption when they're healthy.
In the meantime, North Chicago Animal Control is asking for help in the everyday care and handling of the animals.
To help the North Chicago Animal Control:
North Chicago Animal Control in need of bedding, pee pads, good quality dry and canned dog food, trash bags, bleach, laundry detergent, spray bottles, towels, blankets, ammonia, gloves and disposable containers for food as they continue to care for the dogs.
Anyone interested in helping with the dogs on a volunteer basis should call (847) 596-8774 and leave a contact number.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Minimum wage hike referendums on Tuesday's ballots
- NU women's basketball team committed to autism awareness
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...