Cardinal George marks golden jubilee
December 22, 2013 ( CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cardinal George marked his golden jubilee with a special mass at Holy Name Cathedral Sunday.
It was 50 years ago this week that the cardinal was ordained a priest.
The ordination happened at his home parish of St. Pascal's on the Northwest Side.
It's now been nearly 17 years since the cardinal has led one of the largest concentrations of Catholics in the nation.
He says no one at the Vatican has so far suggested that he retire.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 36 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 27 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Lake Station mayor, wife plead not guilty to corruption charges 42 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Portland shootout injures officer, kills police dog
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77