Cardinal George marks golden jubilee
December 22, 2013 ( CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cardinal George marked his golden jubilee with a special mass at Holy Name Cathedral Sunday.
It was 50 years ago this week that the cardinal was ordained a priest.
The ordination happened at his home parish of St. Pascal's on the Northwest Side.
It's now been nearly 17 years since the cardinal has led one of the largest concentrations of Catholics in the nation.
He says no one at the Vatican has so far suggested that he retire.
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash 57 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 18 min ago
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma 3 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits 12 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
57 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos