Reggie Thompson-Seay Jr. charged in multi-vehicle crash on Mag Mile
December 23, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A Chicago man was charged Monday after he fled a traffic stop and crashed his car into four other vehicles Sunday afternoon on Michigan Avenue along the Magnificent Mile.
Reggie Thompson-Seay Jr., 29, of the 3600-block of South Rhodes Avenue, was arrested shortly after he was identified as the driver of a 2006 Dodge Magnum that hit four vehicles in the 800-block of North Michigan Avenue about 4 p.m. Sunday, police said.
He faces one felony count of aggravated fleeing; six misdemeanor charges that include driving under the influence, resisting a peace officer and possession of cannabis; and six citations for various traffic violations, including driving on the sidewalk, police said.
Thompson-Seay Jr. fled a traffic stop near the Chestnut Street and Michigan Avenue intersection, then struck four vehicles along the Magnificent Mile before the car broke down, police said. He then attempted to flee on foot before he was arrested in the 100 block of East Chestnut Street.
No injuries were reported in the crash, police said.
Thompson-Seay Jr. was scheduled to appear in bond court Monday.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire - Copyright Chicago Sun-Times 2013.)
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos