Activist pushing for concealed carry restrictions; Raul Montes calls for tighter application process after death of Officer Cuauhtemoc Estrada
December 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Community activist Raul Montes is pushing for more restrictions on people applying for concealed carry permits following the death of Officer Cuauhtemoc Estrada.
"We're asking the State Police not to hinder Sheriff Tom Dart's background investigations and to be more strict and to have these restrictions on people who apply for concealed carry," he said.
Montes says he believes tighter restrictions on guns would lead to less crime.
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student 21 min ago
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 54 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Gay marriage at center of 81st District GOP race 16 min ago
- CTA: Ventra cards only possible by end of March
- Alvarez, Kirk call to end online sex trafficking
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
54 min ago
- I-Team: Concealed carry applicants notified...
17 min ago