Activist pushing for concealed carry restrictions; Raul Montes calls for tighter application process after death of Officer Cuauhtemoc Estrada
December 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Community activist Raul Montes is pushing for more restrictions on people applying for concealed carry permits following the death of Officer Cuauhtemoc Estrada.
"We're asking the State Police not to hinder Sheriff Tom Dart's background investigations and to be more strict and to have these restrictions on people who apply for concealed carry," he said.
Montes says he believes tighter restrictions on guns would lead to less crime.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos