Hunt on for Back of the Yards bank bandit; Man in 50s with handgun robs First Merit on 47th near Ashland
December 24, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The hunt is now on for a bank bandit who hit a bank in the Back of the Yards Tuesday morning.
Chicago police say a man in his 50s, armed with a semi-automatic handgun and wearing a clear plastic molded hospital mask, held up the First Merit Bank on 47th near Ashland.
It happened just before 10 Tuesday morning.
No one was hurt and the bandit ran away with an undisclosed amount of cash.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- Man struck by cars in Lincolnwood dies, police say
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Metra train strikes pedestrian in New Lenox
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects to remain jailed
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds