Pedestrian Jeffrey Bond, 65, killed in Englewood hit-and-run
December 27, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- A man was fatally struck by a van Thursday afternoon on the South Side in the Englewood neighborhood.
Jeffrey Bond, 65, was struck by a "maroon or brown van" as he stepped onto 59th Street near a bus stop about 4:40 p.m., according to police News Affairs Officer Veejay Zala and the Cook County Medical Examiner's office.
The driver of the vehicle then fled the scene, Zala said.
Bond, of the 5800 block of South Carpenter Street, was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County, where he was pronounced dead at 5:23 p.m., according to the medical examiner's office.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire - Copyright Chicago Sun-Times 2013.)
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff 36 min ago
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale 35 min ago
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 7 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery 8 min ago
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10M bond 10 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed 16 min ago
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses
- Selection Sunday 2014: March Madness bracket hints
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- 7 in :77
30 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour...
36 min ago
- Young girl found dead in Riverdale
35 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos