Man, 70, shot in Gold Coast robbery
December 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 70-year-old man was shot in the foot during a robbery Friday evening in the Gold Coast.
The man was approached by an unknown male suspect and robbed of his cell phone about 7:30 p.m. in the 1500 block of North Astor Street, police said.
The man was shot in the foot and taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in "stable" condition, police said.
The shooting occurred less than a block away from the home of Chicago Archbishop Francis George.
No one was in custody as Area Central detectives investigated.
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond 8 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Tax Return Wisely
1 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos