Woman injured, hospitalized in Lawndale fire
December 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A woman is hospitalized after being trapped in a burning apartment building early Saturday in the Lawndale neighborhood.
The fire broke out in a two flat along Harding near 18th Street around 1 a.m. Saturday morning in Chicago's Lawndale neighborhood.
Neighbors initially tried to reach the woman, but the smoke and flames pushed them back.
The fire crew on the scene found the woman in a second floor apartment and brought her down to safety.
The woman is currently hospitalized and in critical condition from burns and smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 37 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days 47 min ago
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary 26 min ago
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
37 min ago