Woman injured, hospitalized in Lawndale fire
December 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A woman is hospitalized after being trapped in a burning apartment building early Saturday in the Lawndale neighborhood.
The fire broke out in a two flat along Harding near 18th Street around 1 a.m. Saturday morning in Chicago's Lawndale neighborhood.
Neighbors initially tried to reach the woman, but the smoke and flames pushed them back.
The fire crew on the scene found the woman in a second floor apartment and brought her down to safety.
The woman is currently hospitalized and in critical condition from burns and smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by 3 min ago
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run 6 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 16 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout