Elderly woman sexually assaulted in West Side parking lot
December 28, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Police issued an alert after a 69-year-old woman was sexually assaulted and robbed as she exited an Orange Line CTA train and was getting into her vehicle on Friday.
Police say the attack happened at 4:15 Friday afternoon in the 4600 block of west 59th Street.
The woman was returning home from work, and was leaving the Orange Line train at Midway Airport.
She was getting into her car in a nearby parking lot when police say a man forced her into the vehicle after telling her he had a gun.
Once she was inside the car, police say the man sexually assaulted the 69-year-old woman and robbed her of money, a cell phone and an ATM card,
Police say the man then drove the woman to various locations and forced her to make withdrawals from her bank account before he abandoned the woman and her vehicle on the West Side.
News of the daytime attack surprised people who frequent the area.
"I always thought that they needed more security patrolling around here because my best friend's car got broken into and when it's really early or really late there's no one here and anything could happen," said Alma Rios.
"I feel like every day you just see more and more crimes going on and violence against people, and especially someone who's a little bit more elderly, that's terrible," Megan Lyons said.
If you have any information about the incident you are asked to call police.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits