Chicago Weather: Cold front moves in; freezing rain, wind chill advisories
December 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago weather is dramatically changing as temperatures continue to plunge Sunday evening and wind chills possibly dropping to as low as 25 degrees below zero by Monday morning.
And Chicagoans are bundling up as the temperatures plummet, but in what's been a rough winter, people are getting used to it.
What a difference a day makes.
"Freezing cold. I can't feel my mouth," said Lisa Dewet.
From 50 and sunny Saturday to 20s, blustery and icy Sunday, folks were bundling up to try and stay warm.
"If it's windy, it's really, really cold," said Wilma van der Draaig. "That's why I'm packed up like an Eskimo."
Along Michigan Avenue, it was most certainly the out-of-towners who were suffering the most. Like some sisters on holiday from South Africa.
"My feet are frozen. I feel like I have frostbite," Kirsty Dewet said.
And of course, there is that Bears-Packers game going on at Soldier Field. But Bears fans are a hardy bunch. At the tailgate lots earlier some proudly showed off the latest in cold-weather football fashion.
"I have this big fur coat on with a raccoon on my head," said Marc Dabaco.
"If there is one thing you need to get motivated to stand here in the cold it's playing the Packers. We got to kick their butts," Ray Ruginis said.
The National Weather Service warns that conditions could result in "frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you must venture outdoors, make sure you wear a hat and gloves."
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 53 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL 50 min ago
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse 56 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing 40 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death 26 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka 17 min ago
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77