3rd suspect charged in SW Side murder, dismemberment of Jose Reyes Ramos; Milton Miranda to appear in court
December 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Milton Miranda, 22, was charged with first-degree murder in the death of Jose Reyes Ramos, whose dismembered body was found buried in a backyard on the city's Southwest Side.
Ramos, 30, was reported missing in May 2013. His body was found months later in October 2013 buried near 83rd and Scottsdale.
Daisy Gutierrez, 19, and her father, Salvador Gutierrez, 56, are also charged in the crime. Miranda was extradited from New Jersey. He is being held on a warrant without bond and will appear in court next on December 30.
The Cook County Medical Examiner concluded that Ramos death was the result of multiple sharp force injuries.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap