3rd suspect charged in SW Side murder, dismemberment of Jose Reyes Ramos; Milton Miranda to appear in court
December 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Milton Miranda, 22, was charged with first-degree murder in the death of Jose Reyes Ramos, whose dismembered body was found buried in a backyard on the city's Southwest Side.
Ramos, 30, was reported missing in May 2013. His body was found months later in October 2013 buried near 83rd and Scottsdale.
Daisy Gutierrez, 19, and her father, Salvador Gutierrez, 56, are also charged in the crime. Miranda was extradited from New Jersey. He is being held on a warrant without bond and will appear in court next on December 30.
The Cook County Medical Examiner concluded that Ramos death was the result of multiple sharp force injuries.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 12 min ago
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight 57 min ago
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper 55 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago woman wins $14M settlement in Yasmin case 31 min ago
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake