Bishop Robert Mitchell dies at 93; South Side pastor at Old Landmark Church of God Holiness in Christ for 58 years
December 29, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- South Side pastor Bishop Robert Lee Mitchell has died.
For 58 years Bishop Mitchell was pastor at Old Landmark Church of God Holiness in Christ near 72nd and Jeffery.
Last September a one-block stretch of Jeffery Boulevard was named in his honor.
He died Saturday at the age of 93.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by 9 min ago
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run 12 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 22 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout