1 killed, 1 injured in West Side drive-by shooting
December 30, 2013 (CHICAGO) -- One man was killed and another wounded in a drive-by shooting early Monday in a West Side neighborhood.
Around 2 a.m., four men left a West Side bar in a sedan after getting into a verbal altercation with another group of men, police News Affairs Officer Amina Greer said.
While sitting at a stoplight in the 1300 block of West Cermak Road, an SUV pulled up and someone inside fired shots at their car before driving away, Greer said.
The driver of the sedan drove away and eventually crashed near the intersection of Cermak Road and Loomis Street, police said.
A 22-year-old man in the car was shot in the head and taken to John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County in critical condition, and he died there a short time later, police said.
A 21-year-old man was also shot in the head, and he was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in "stable" condition, police said.
The other men in the car were not wounded, police said.
Police believe the shooting may have been gang-related.
No one is in custody as Area Central detectives investigate.
(Source: Sun-Times Media Wire - Copyright Chicago Sun-Times 2013.)
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD