No bond for Dwayne Towns, South Side man charged with raping woman in 2011
December 31, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Bond was denied Tuesday for a South Side man charged with raping a woman as she slept in a car back in 2011.
Dwayne Towns, 51, faces felony counts of aggravated criminal sexual assault with a firearm and kidnapping.
Police said Towns got into the 21-year old victim's car and drove to the 12000-block of South Morgan, where he sexually assaulted her at gunpoint.
Police said Towns was identified through DNA and a lineup.
He is due in court on January 21.
- Falling ice triggered by latest winter storm
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- Chicago students take part in poetry festival
- Video: Ice chunks undulate on Lake Michigan
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping