Charges pending in New Year's party police shooting in Roseland
January 2, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Charges are pending in connection with an officer-involved shooting at a New Year's party in Roseland.
Chicago police say tactical officers heard gunfire and approached a home on West 105th Street.
Police say someone on the back porch was holding a gun, and they ordered that person to drop it. Instead, police say the person pointed the gun at them.
That's when an officer fired, striking three people.
Police say they recovered a gun at the scene.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 5 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment 38 min ago
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 37 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All