Fire reported at Lake Shore Drive high-rise
January 3, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A fire broke out on the 14th floor of a Gold Coast high-rise after 1 p.m. Friday.
Emergency crews crowded near the building at 1100 N. Inner Lake Shore Drive, but no smoke could be seen.
The fire was extinguished as of a few minutes after 2 p.m. A man in his 70s suffered smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire was not yet known, but preliminary indications were a heating-air conditioning unit.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 47 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire 6 min ago
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing 29 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 56 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion 34 min ago
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Driver charged with drunken driving at 118 mph on I-55 26 min ago
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand