Scaffolding falls, crushes cars in Lincoln Park
January 4, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Cars were crushed overnight after scaffolding fell in Chicago's Lincoln Park neighborhood.
Strong, gusty winds knocked over a huge scaffolding structure at Lakewood and Diversey.
No injuries were reported, but it appears at least three cars were crushed.
One man, who had just gotten off work in the area, returned to find his car was just one parking spot away from being really damaged.
A few streets around Diversey and Lakewood were closed Saturday morning until crews could get the site all cleaned up.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday 39 min ago
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 59 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77