Icy firefighters: Water freezes on firefighters battling South Side blaze at 52nd and Lowe
January 7, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A space heater apparently caused a house fire near 52nd Street and Lowe, creating challenging conditions for Chicago firefighters.
Many firefighters ended up covered with ice from the water sprays late Monday and early Tuesday.
Investigators say a space heater, placed near some window drapes, started the fire.
No one was hurt.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 16 min ago
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire 36 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 23 min ago
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind. 6 min ago
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid 14 min ago
- CTA eyes Red Line extension proposals 9 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 50 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos