Icy firefighters: Water freezes on firefighters battling South Side blaze at 52nd and Lowe
January 7, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A space heater apparently caused a house fire near 52nd Street and Lowe, creating challenging conditions for Chicago firefighters.
Many firefighters ended up covered with ice from the water sprays late Monday and early Tuesday.
Investigators say a space heater, placed near some window drapes, started the fire.
No one was hurt.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer