No serious injuries in Back of the Yards building fire
January 9, 2014 (CHICAGO) -- Fire destroyed a two-story apartment building in the Back of the Yards neighborhood in Chicago.
The flames broke out on the second floor and eventually burned through the roof of the building near 50th and Hoyne. Medics evaluated at least one person on the scene, but said no one was seriously hurt.
The fire forced about a dozen people from the building.
Officials have yet to release a cause.
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park homes 3 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77
- Firefight causes flooding in Irving Park...
3 min ago