Joeann Smith charged in shooting death of 65-year-old man in Chicago's South Shore
January 11, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Charges have been filed in the shooting death of a 65-year-old man on the South Shore.
Joeann Smith, 52, is scheduled to appear in court Saturday.
Police say Joeann Smith and the victim, Willie Smith, 65, were having an argument on whether the gun would fire or not. That's when police say the gun went off and hit Willie Smith in the eye.
Doctors pronounced him brain dead at the hospital.
- Lake Shore Drive standoff ends, suspect in custody
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Calif. billionaire buys record life insurance policy
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos