Local youth to attend 'March for Life' in Washington
January 11, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of young people from the Archdiocese of Chicago will be attending the annual "March for Life" in Washington, DC.
Saturday night many prepared for the trip with a special liturgy at Saint Mary of the Angels parish on Chicago's North Side.
Francis Cardinal George was the main celebrant for the "Mass for Life."
The "March for Life" rally is January 22.
It marks the 41st anniversary of Roe versus Wade, the Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion.
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 22 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 27 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street 36 min ago
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released 5 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos