Local youth to attend 'March for Life' in Washington
January 11, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Hundreds of young people from the Archdiocese of Chicago will be attending the annual "March for Life" in Washington, DC.
Saturday night many prepared for the trip with a special liturgy at Saint Mary of the Angels parish on Chicago's North Side.
Francis Cardinal George was the main celebrant for the "Mass for Life."
The "March for Life" rally is January 22.
It marks the 41st anniversary of Roe versus Wade, the Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 8 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 33 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party 57 min ago
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos