Sunset Cliffs fall in San Diego kills Chicago woman Anna Bachman
January 13, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago woman died when she fell from a cliff in San Diego, Calif., while on vacation.
It happened Sunday just after 5 p.m. in an area known as Sunset Cliffs.
Anna Bachman, 25, was taking pictures with her sister on one of those cliffs. Police say she backed up too far, lost her balance and fell about 40 feet onto the rocks below. She was killed instantly.
"There were quite a few other people who actually saw this. There were two nurses who were here that hustled down there really quick and tried to do CPR, as well as, I believe, a couple surfers that were in the water as well," a witness said.
Bachman was in San Diego to visit her sister. Her family members were notified and were traveling to San Diego Monday.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 2 min ago
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos