Films focused on Chicago sought; Chicago Park District to award $500 to selected filmmakers
January 14, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Park District is giving you a chance to get your movie on the big screen next summer.
The search is on for locally-produced independent features, documentaries and shorts that focus on Chicago.
They must be the original work of the person making the entry, created within the past three years.
Submissions will be accepted through February 28.
The films will be presented during the movies in the park events next summer.
Selected filmmakers get awards up to $500.
Guidelines, deadline information available here.
More information available at chicagoparkdistrict.com.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand