Films focused on Chicago sought; Chicago Park District to award $500 to selected filmmakers
January 14, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Park District is giving you a chance to get your movie on the big screen next summer.
The search is on for locally-produced independent features, documentaries and shorts that focus on Chicago.
They must be the original work of the person making the entry, created within the past three years.
Submissions will be accepted through February 28.
The films will be presented during the movies in the park events next summer.
Selected filmmakers get awards up to $500.
Guidelines, deadline information available here.
More information available at chicagoparkdistrict.com.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow 2 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 9 min ago
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island 20 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps 18 min ago
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
9 min ago