Startup hub celebrates success stories; Gov. Pat Quinn marks 1871 milestone
January 14, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A milestone Tuesday for Chicago's leading tech startup incubator, 1871, as Governor Pat Quinn joined local entrepreneurs in celebrating the success stories at the startup hub, which opened in the Merchandise Mart 18 months ago.
He honored 26 companies that began as small operations at 1871 and are now rising stars in the tech industry.
The 26 companies have raised more than $32 million in funding, generated millions in revenues and created hundreds of jobs.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in...
49 min ago