Startup hub celebrates success stories; Gov. Pat Quinn marks 1871 milestone
January 14, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A milestone Tuesday for Chicago's leading tech startup incubator, 1871, as Governor Pat Quinn joined local entrepreneurs in celebrating the success stories at the startup hub, which opened in the Merchandise Mart 18 months ago.
He honored 26 companies that began as small operations at 1871 and are now rising stars in the tech industry.
The 26 companies have raised more than $32 million in funding, generated millions in revenues and created hundreds of jobs.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand