Al Sanchez kicked off ballot for Cook County Board
January 16, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Convicted former Streets and Sanitation Commissioner Al Sanchez has been kicked off the ballot for the Cook County Board.
He was released from federal prison last July.
The county electoral board ruled Sanchez is ineligible to run because he was still serving his sentence when he filed his candidacy paperwork for the 4th District seat.
- Chicago River dyeing a St. Patrick's Day tradition
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...