Al Sanchez kicked off ballot for Cook County Board
January 16, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Convicted former Streets and Sanitation Commissioner Al Sanchez has been kicked off the ballot for the Cook County Board.
He was released from federal prison last July.
The county electoral board ruled Sanchez is ineligible to run because he was still serving his sentence when he filed his candidacy paperwork for the 4th District seat.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen 42 min ago
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- ABC7 to Go Digital Newscast April 18, 2014
48 min ago