Dan Ryan lanes reopened at 79th, Red Line resumes service
January 16, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- All lanes of the Dan Ryan Expressway have reopened at 79th Street and the CTA has restored power to the Red Line.
Power was shut off on the Red Line between 63rd Street and 95th Street during the Thursday afternoon rush hour after a man who had been threatening to jump from an overpass went down to the "L" rail bed and started walking along it.
The CTA says trains are operating with residual delays.
Two lanes in both directions of the Dan Ryan expressway were also closed while Illinois State Police tried to get the man to surrender near 79th Street.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 36 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 13 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash 16 min ago
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder 30 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
36 min ago