Dan Ryan lanes reopened at 79th, Red Line resumes service
January 16, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- All lanes of the Dan Ryan Expressway have reopened at 79th Street and the CTA has restored power to the Red Line.
Power was shut off on the Red Line between 63rd Street and 95th Street during the Thursday afternoon rush hour after a man who had been threatening to jump from an overpass went down to the "L" rail bed and started walking along it.
The CTA says trains are operating with residual delays.
Two lanes in both directions of the Dan Ryan expressway were also closed while Illinois State Police tried to get the man to surrender near 79th Street.
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment 10 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 44 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash 6 min ago
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house 55 min ago
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago 38 min ago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake