Heckler: Closed CPS schools dishonor MLK legacy
January17, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A heckler disrupted the annual MLK breakfast in Chicago.
The heckler shouted that Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is not honoring Martin Luther King's legacy by closing schools in the city. Many in attendance applauded as the woman was escorted out of the ballroom.
The annual MLK breakfast brings together civic and religious leaders from various faiths. This year, the breakfast celebrated the women of the civil rights movement and honored Reverend Willie Barrow, who worked closely with King as a field organizer.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash 43 min ago
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Former suburban Dominick's to become Piggly Wiggly 52 min ago
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1 46 min ago
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home 21 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red...
- John Hancock observatory to Tilt
47 min ago