Heckler: Closed CPS schools dishonor MLK legacy
January17, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A heckler disrupted the annual MLK breakfast in Chicago.
The heckler shouted that Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is not honoring Martin Luther King's legacy by closing schools in the city. Many in attendance applauded as the woman was escorted out of the ballroom.
The annual MLK breakfast brings together civic and religious leaders from various faiths. This year, the breakfast celebrated the women of the civil rights movement and honored Reverend Willie Barrow, who worked closely with King as a field organizer.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 5 min ago
- Photos: Farm animals rescued in Kane County
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 27 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Netflix subscribers targeted in phishing scam
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos