Kevin Baker dies after Chicago Lawn shooting; College student shot in apparent cell phone robbery Thursday
January 18, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago college student who was shot Thursday in what appears to be a cell phone robbery has died.
Kevin Baker was a freshman at Harold Washington College.
Police say the 19-year old was walking with a friend near 62nd and Campbell in the Chicago Lawn neighborhood.
Police say a van pulled up, two men got out and demanded their cell phones then shot Baker in the head.
He was rushed to Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn where he died Saturday.
So far no one is in custody.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Video: Lyons Township celebrates another gymnastics title
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds