2 found shot, killed in South Chicago apartment near 91st and Commericial
January 19, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police responded to a South Chicago apartment where two people were found shot to death Sunday.
It happened at approximately 5 a.m. Sunday in an apartment above the J. Carolina Hosiery Wholesale store near 91st Street and Commercial.
Both men, thought to be in their mid-30's, were found dead in that block when officers arrived.
Neighbor Samuel Benagente said there were stolen goods inside the apartment and that it was a deadly robbery.
"What happened was these guys came by with stolen laptops and cell phones from all over the neighborhood. We've got are security cameras right here behind Steel City. We're gonna find out who did it," he said. He also said one of the men died inside his apartment.
Police are investigating the shooting as an apparent home invasion, according to News Affairs Officer Michael O'Sullivan, but authorities would not confirm any other details.
The Cook County Medical Examiner's office confirmed the deaths but did not release further details Sunday morning.
No one is in custody as Area South detectives investigate.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
chicago news, diane pathieu
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman pulled from the river in the Loop
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Accused NU professor will not teach spring quarter
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler