Transit cop attacked at SW Side Metra station near 79th and Kedzie
January 20, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A transit police officer was choked and beaten at a Metra station on Chicago's Southwest Side.
It happened Sunday night near 79th Street and Kedzie where the Norfolk Southern officer was on duty. Police say a man attacked him after being told he was trespassing on the railroad tracks.
The officer called for help during a struggle, but police say the suspect was still beating the 39-year-old victim when they arrived.
The suspect was taken into custody.
The officer was hospitalized. His injuries were not life-threatening.
- 5 injured after truck crashes into grocery store 1 min ago
- FEMA gives Des Plaines River homeowners option to sell
- Freed inmate: New investigation 'like a nightmare'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd 35 min ago
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake