Chicago Public Library ranked best in US
January 20, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Public Library has been ranked the number one library in the country and third in the world.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says the new honor just more proof that Chicago is seen internationally as a world-class city.
The study conducted by the information science department of a university in Germany looked at the entire Chicago library system, not just the Harold Washington branch.
Researchers ranked the core services of libraries around the world.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Boston Marathon 2014 begins under strong security
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash 31 min ago
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77