Missing rescue dog Madison that ran away at Midway Airport found
January 22, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A rescue dog that vanished at Midway Airport while on the way to her new home in Wisconsin was found.
On Saturday, the Doberman called "Madison," slipped out of her harness and ran away during a transfer at Midway Airport. She was being sent from Texas to her new owner in Elkhart, Wisconsin, when she bolted.
A woman who lives near the airport found the shy dog, coaxed her into her garage, and called the dog's handlers.
Madison has a minor paw injury, but is expected to be OK.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer