Lounge shooting kills 1, wounds 4 at Rudy's Lounge
January 25, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are looking for a gunman who opened fire inside a South Side bar, where five people were shot and one died.
This happened early Saturday morning in the 5100 block of South Union.
No suspect is in custody, no arrests have been made. Investigators are hoping that lounge security cameras, as well as witness accounts will lead them to a gunman who opened fire in the South Side bar.
Three bullets holes in the front door of Rudy's Lounge tell of the violence that claimed one man's life and left several others wounded.
"It's usually a nice crowd," said neighborhood resident Daryl Nelson. "They play nice music. It's always got a full house."
Nelson says he heard the gunshots that rang out shortly before 1 o'clock Saturday morning at the South Side bar.
Investigators say five people were shot while attending a party inside the lounge.
Witnesses say the attack happened after an argument broke out between party guests and at least two people who had crashed the gathering.
Party goers say the men were touching women at the birthday party inappropriately and taking beer outside to drink.
Police say after the uninvited men were escorted out of the bar by security, shots were fired from the bar's doorway.
"They got into a truck. People were scattering then I found out someone got killed," Nelson said.
A 35-year-old man who was struck in the head was pronounced dead at an area hospital about an hour later.
Three other men and a woman were also wounded in the attack which has stunned many in this south side neighborhood.
"It makes the neighborhood bad," said Nelson.
Most of the wounded have been treated and released from area hospitals. A 37-year-old man who was shot in the neck is now in stable condition.
chicago news, evelyn holmes
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area 32 min ago
- Woman pulled from the river in the Loop
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning 40 min ago
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler