Lounge shooting kills 1, wounds 4 at Rudy's Lounge
January 25, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police are looking for a gunman who opened fire inside a South Side bar, where five people were shot and one died.
This happened early Saturday morning in the 5100 block of South Union.
No suspect is in custody, no arrests have been made. Investigators are hoping that lounge security cameras, as well as witness accounts will lead them to a gunman who opened fire in the South Side bar.
Three bullets holes in the front door of Rudy's Lounge tell of the violence that claimed one man's life and left several others wounded.
"It's usually a nice crowd," said neighborhood resident Daryl Nelson. "They play nice music. It's always got a full house."
Nelson says he heard the gunshots that rang out shortly before 1 o'clock Saturday morning at the South Side bar.
Investigators say five people were shot while attending a party inside the lounge.
Witnesses say the attack happened after an argument broke out between party guests and at least two people who had crashed the gathering.
Party goers say the men were touching women at the birthday party inappropriately and taking beer outside to drink.
Police say after the uninvited men were escorted out of the bar by security, shots were fired from the bar's doorway.
"They got into a truck. People were scattering then I found out someone got killed," Nelson said.
A 35-year-old man who was struck in the head was pronounced dead at an area hospital about an hour later.
Three other men and a woman were also wounded in the attack which has stunned many in this south side neighborhood.
"It makes the neighborhood bad," said Nelson.
Most of the wounded have been treated and released from area hospitals. A 37-year-old man who was shot in the neck is now in stable condition.
chicago news, evelyn holmes
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash 15 min ago
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson 29 min ago
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 21 min ago
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake