IDOT plow stops wrong-way driver on Kennedy Expressway; Gilberto Vanegas charged with DUI
January 27, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A dangerous situation was neutralized when a wrong-way driver on the Kennedy Expressway was stopped by an IDOT snow plow driver.
Ed Piasecki was working the early shift Saturday when he heard the call about a northbound driver in the southbound express lanes.
"It was all kind of stunning. It happened so fast," said Piasecki.
Piasecki cornered the wrong way car at Fullerton.
"I just stopped him at the J-wall so he couldn't get past me anymore, 'cause there were a line of cars behind me, and if he did get past me, you know, there could have been something, you know, disastrous," said Piasecki.
Gilberto Vanegas, 62, has been charged with driving under the influence of alcohol.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 50 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
50 min ago
- Calumet Fisheries smokes, fries fish on...
46 min ago