$3.1M settlement in Daniel McCormack priest sex abuse case for Chicago Archdiocese
January 30, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The Chicago Archdiocese settled a claim of sexual abuse against a boy by former priest Daniel McCormack for $3.15 million.
The sex abuse victim, who has not been identified, filed the lawsuit against the Archdiocese of Chicago and Cardinal Francis George in 2010. He alleged the archdiocese failed to remove McCormack from access to children although they knew they had knowledge of past abuse.
McCormack was arrested in 2006 on multiple counts of criminal sexual abuse to which he pleaded guilty in 2007.
The victim in this case was sexually abused between eighth and 11th grades.
The settlement comes just a week after Chicago Archdiocese priest sex abuse documents were released.
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder 59 min ago
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen
- Ice jams on Rock River force evacuations 14 min ago
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation