Mega Millions winner Thu Ha Thi Tran claims $1M prize in Chicago
January 30, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Thu Ha Thi Tran, a Chicago resident, claimed her $1M Mega Millions prize.
Tran's ticket matched the first five numbers: 8,14,17, 20, 39 during the Dec., 17, 2013, Mega Millions drawing.
The winning ticket was purchased at Tai Nam Food Market, 4925 North Broadway in Chicago's Uptown neighborhood.
The Mega Millions jackpot climbed to a staggering $648 million for the December 17 drawing.
Starting last October, the Mega Millions minimum jackpot increased from $12 million to $15 million, and will grow by at least $5 million after each drawing in which the jackpot is not won.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...