Mega Millions winner Thu Ha Thi Tran claims $1M prize in Chicago
January 30, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Thu Ha Thi Tran, a Chicago resident, claimed her $1M Mega Millions prize.
Tran's ticket matched the first five numbers: 8,14,17, 20, 39 during the Dec., 17, 2013, Mega Millions drawing.
The winning ticket was purchased at Tai Nam Food Market, 4925 North Broadway in Chicago's Uptown neighborhood.
The Mega Millions jackpot climbed to a staggering $648 million for the December 17 drawing.
Starting last October, the Mega Millions minimum jackpot increased from $12 million to $15 million, and will grow by at least $5 million after each drawing in which the jackpot is not won.
- 3 shot in Lawndale near 16th, St. Louis 40 min ago
- NLRB grants review of NU football players union ruling
- Woman assaulted near Matteson Metra stop, bike path
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 47 min ago
- NIU hazing death case in court 44 min ago
- Grayslake dry cleaners chemical spill injures 4 28 min ago
- City to build Barack Obama College Prep HS
- Mount Baldy to remain closed this summer
- Chicago doctor among 3 killed in Afghanistan 12 min ago
- Ex-booster club president pleads guilty to theft
- Mayor Emanuel criticized for proposed property tax hike 56 min ago
- Driver taking photos after Noble Square crash struck, killed
- 'Ice Road Truckers' driver charged with kidnapping prostitute
- 1888 shipwreck pictures in SF Bay released
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos