No bond for Alisha Walker, charged in murder of Brother Rice teacher Alan Filan
January 30, 2014 (ORLAND PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- A woman with a history of prostitution was held without bond in the stabbing death of a Brother Rice teacher.
Police found the body of 61-year-old Alan Filan last week at his home in south suburban Orland Park. They were conducting a wellbeing check after he failed to show up for work.
Alisha Walker, 20, of Ohio, was extradited from Indiana on Wednesday in the murder of Filan.
"The defendant in a videotaped statement to authorities, claimed the victim grabbed a knife which the defendant was able to grab control of and stabbed the victim 13 times," John Dillon, Cook County State's attorney, said. "Officers also observed bloody footprints that appeared from a high heel shoe of a woman from the victim's body to the victim's front door."
Police say Walker has a history of prostitution, and Filan contacted the woman online to perform a sex act for money. Last week, police tracked Walker down in Fort Wayne, Indiana, through her cell phone because Filan had sent her text messages, officials said.
Walker's court-appointed attorney had no comment. Her family said she acted in self defense.
Filan was a longtime business teacher at Brother Rice High School in Chicago.
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop 15 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn 19 min ago
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper 6 min ago
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Ohio Turnpike crash kills 3; Victims ID'd
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West...
15 min ago