Cars on freight train catch fire in Hegewisch area
February 1, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago firefighters had a late night trying to put out flames on a freight train that was carrying cars.
Someone video recorded the potentially explosive situation with a cell phone at approximately 7:30 p.m. Friday near East 136th Street and South Brainard Avenue in the Southeast Side's Hegewisch community.
Firefighters say something sparked a fire in one vehicle, and it spread.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire 5 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett 50 min ago
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Carl Sandburg H.S. 'soft lockdown' lifted after arrests 40 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 19 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing 50 min ago
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former... 13 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
15 min ago
- Chicago street repaving begins
41 min ago
- Microbead ban? Group says they impact...
37 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos