Cars on freight train catch fire in Hegewisch area
February 1, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago firefighters had a late night trying to put out flames on a freight train that was carrying cars.
Someone video recorded the potentially explosive situation with a cell phone at approximately 7:30 p.m. Friday near East 136th Street and South Brainard Avenue in the Southeast Side's Hegewisch community.
Firefighters say something sparked a fire in one vehicle, and it spread.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 43 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- 6 shot at party in Austin 51 min ago
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side 30 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 30 min ago
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 6 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
43 min ago
- Daily Herald: Long-time Married Couples
38 min ago
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos