Ariel Wilson charged in Chicago Heights hit-and-run crash
Febuary 1, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 22-year-old woman has been arrested in connection with a December hit-and-run that critically injured a Chicago Heights man.
Ariel Wilson was charged with one count of leaving the scene of an accident causing personal injury.
On Dec. 28, 2013, a 53-year-old man was hit by a car while walking on the edge of the road on 26th Street near Euclid Avenue.
Police found a gray, passenger side-view mirror, which looked like it came off of a Ford Taurus, near where the man was hit, a statement from the Cook County Sheriff's office said.
A month later, while sheriff's police were investigating the area of the incident, officers found a vehicle missing a passenger side-view mirror in a parking lot near Route 30 and Wilson Avenue.
An investigation revealed that Wilson was driving that car the evening of the hit and run, the sheriff's department said.
Wilson, of south suburban Park Forest, was ordered held on a $15,000 bond Thursday at the Markham Courthouse.
She will next appear at Markham Courthouse on Feb. 19.
Sun-Times Media wire contributed to this story.
- Video: Chicago River dyed green for St. Patrick's Day
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force 59 min ago
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future 8 min ago
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mercy Home For Boys & Girls 53 min ago
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
59 min ago