Logan Square crash sends cars into building at Fullerton and Kimball; 1 dead, 7 critical
February 3, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person was killed and seven others were injured when two-cars crashed into a Logan Square building at Fullerton and Kimball on the city's Northwest Side.
A beige Mazda Protégé and a white four-door Buick collided, jumped the curb and hit the corner building around 5:30 a.m. Monday. Eight people - all adults- were inside the cars. Three of them had to be extricated. The fatality was identified as Omar Daville, 27, of Chicago.
Geremiah Perez, 37, was on his way to work at a taxi company when the crash happened, according to his wife, Diana.
"I just heard the noise and I looked out the window and saw the cops out here on the corner," Johnson Silva, who lives nearby, said.
Dora Lopez owns the Mazda involved in the crash. She said she discovered it was gone when she tried to go to the Laundromat. She believes it was stolen.
No one was waiting at nearby CTA bus stops.
"There's a lot of young kids and students who use those buses to get to work. So, I mean, like I said, it could have been way worse, and it's such a busy intersection," said area resident Alex Fernandez.
Chicago police are investigating, and the scene was clear around 10 a.m.
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1 24 min ago
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos