Logan Square crash sends cars into building at Fullerton and Kimball; 1 dead, 7 critical
February 3, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One person was killed and seven others were injured when two-cars crashed into a Logan Square building at Fullerton and Kimball on the city's Northwest Side.
A beige Mazda Protégé and a white four-door Buick collided, jumped the curb and hit the corner building around 5:30 a.m. Monday. Eight people - all adults- were inside the cars. Three of them had to be extricated. The fatality was identified as Omar Daville, 27, of Chicago.
Geremiah Perez, 37, was on his way to work at a taxi company when the crash happened, according to his wife, Diana.
"I just heard the noise and I looked out the window and saw the cops out here on the corner," Johnson Silva, who lives nearby, said.
Dora Lopez owns the Mazda involved in the crash. She said she discovered it was gone when she tried to go to the Laundromat. She believes it was stolen.
No one was waiting at nearby CTA bus stops.
"There's a lot of young kids and students who use those buses to get to work. So, I mean, like I said, it could have been way worse, and it's such a busy intersection," said area resident Alex Fernandez.
Chicago police are investigating, and the scene was clear around 10 a.m.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout