Man, 3 dogs rescued from icy Montrose Harbor
February 4, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A man was hospitalized in stable condition after he jumped into the icy Lake Michigan to save his dogs.
It happened at Montrose Harbor around 5 p.m. Tuesday.
Firefighters say he was walking three dogs when they either jumped or fell into the water. The man jumped in after them and divers had to rescue him.
The dogs were checked out by a veterinarian and are expected to be OK.
- LSD reopens after suspicious package investigated 1 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 5 min ago
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos