City Council approves $4.5M settlement with Chicago rapper's family; Freddie Wilson killed in 2007 police shoting
February 5, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago's City Council approved a $4.5 million settlement with the family of a rapper killed by Chicago police in 2007.
Freddie Wilson was shot 18 times.
The Independent Police Review Authority investigated the case and did not recommend discipline for the three officers who fired the shots.
- 4 children injured in S. Side drive-by shooting
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout