Stabbing victim found dead during Brighton Park fire on Southwest Side
February 7, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Police say a woman whose body was found during a fire in the Brighton Park neighborhood was also stabbed.
Crews were called to a fire at a 3-story home in 2500-block of West 45th Place on Friday around 1:50 p.m. A female was found with multiple stab wounds inside one of the buildings. She was pronounced dead at the scene, officials said.
Chicago police launched a death investigation, and it isn't clear if the stabbing is related to the fire.
"We consider it suspicious, but, again, that's why we do an investigation whenever we have a serious injury or death," Chicago Deputy Fire Commissioner John McNicholas said.
Several streets were closed in the area, and the water department assisted the fire crews with frozen hydrants.
"Any time we get cold weather, subzero weather like we've experienced this winter, we all know how tough this winter was, our concern is always about the hydrants," McNicholas said.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 7 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 51 min ago
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds