Southeast Side water main break temporarily capped near 130th, Torrence
February 7, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A water main break created a traffic mess on Chicago's Southest Side during the evening rush. The break was temporarily capped Friday night.
A 24-inch cast iron pipe burst near 130th and Torrence.
Crews have now been able to put a plate over the hole. They will do a more permanent fix when the weather improves.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant