Atlanta ice storm cancels nearly 200 Chicago flights
February 12, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Nearly 200 flights have been canceled at O'Hare and Midway Wednesday, mainly due to inclement weather in the South and Southeast.
About 145 have been canceled at O'Hare as of 3:30 p.m., according to the city's Department of Aviation. United Airlines said it had canceled around 80 flights from O'Hare.
More than 50 flights were canceled at Midway, where about two dozen flights are delayed an average of 30 minutes, the department said.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment 47 min ago
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case 52 min ago
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western 19 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Missing boy's body found off Mass. highway
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake