Eric Solorio, fallen Chicago police officer, remembered at mass
February 12, 2014 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Family and friends remembered a police officer who lost his life serving the people of Chicago. Eric Solorio died 8 years ago Wednesday.
Solorio was a member of the department's elite gang unit. In January 2006, the squad car he was riding in swerved to avoid an accident, hit black ice and crashed.
Solorio died several weeks later. In 2010, a new high school was named in his memory.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 57 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- 7 in 77
31 min ago
- John Hancock observatory to Tilt
7 min ago